This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Emotions... Who Understands Them?

I know I don't. So I will now heave them all out at you and see if you can make heads or tails of them.

I had a meeting yesterday that really shook me up. I was looking forward to this meeting. It was with a couple of pastor guys of a certain young adults ministry that I go to. I wanted to share with them what was happening in Ottawa and consequently the nation concerning the young people as it is totally astounding what we are getting to do. At least in this little chunk of people that we are connected with.

I love this group of young adults. I go there because I know that this group has so much potential and is ready to break out at the seems. They just need some help getting there and really... not much help is needed in my opinion.

But these guys felt otherwise. I was so sad. I'm not sure if they'd full out say it, but what I heard is that they don't beleive in their little flock of the faithful. They gave me a hundred excuses why young people are not motivated, why their young people don't do anything and how the greatest struggle they have is actually getting their people passionate and doing something.

WHAT??!?!?!?!!!

That's not the people I see. I see a bunch of young people aching to be used. I see a bunch of you people who so badly want to become relavant in their city. I see a bunch of young people who if you just give them a little help and direction are ready to really seriously change the course of history for our city.

It deeply disturbed me that anyone else would see and believe otherwise. And yes, I really do mean that it deeply disturbed me. I had trouble sleeping last night and I was in some serious prayer this morning for a couple of hours for this group. I love this group. But why is it that what I see and what they see are so different... so... opposed?

What lies has the enemy told to keep them held back when what they have is such a powerful group of young people ready to do what the Lord has put on their hearts. Their hearts are passionate and they want to walk boldly in their destiny. Anyone can see that... At least I thought anyone could.

I will admit that I am one who is recklessly hopeful. I really work to see the good in people and beyond that... see what God originally intended for their lives. I really try to engage that in people and cause them to realize that it's actually true... those dreams in their heart are actually real.

Interestingly they made mention of those Transformations videos and how they watched them just a couple of days ago. They said how badly they wanted that kind of thing to happen. I made mention of the fact that I know a whole bunch of the people personally who are featured on those videos and am connected with the guy who made them in the first place. Didn't really get any response.

So weird.

If they only knew. That may sound ultra prideful, and maybe it is... I hope not. It just breaks my heart so much to hear people longing for something and have what quite possibly could be the answer to their prayers sitting right in front of them pleading with them "Believe for it! Do it! I WILL HELP YOU BECAUSE I HAVE LIVED THIS FOR YEARS AND HELP OTHERS ALL OVER THE WORLD DO IT TOO!!" and then get zero response other then "young people are non-commital so what can you do?" Do they really want it then?

This may have been a good thing. I am generally a peaceful person until you start telling lies about my generation. My name means faithful dog and sometimes a faithful dog can be a real stubborn dog because he won't give up. I have seen the destiny of this group. I have stuck around for over a year not knowing anyone because I know it so deeply the incredible potential of this group. I have seen the lie and I will launch just about as much truth as I can possibly throw at this thing.

It doesn't take much. All you need is one glimpse of the real truth, the real King, the real destiny and you'll never let go.

I'm praying for the chance to show them what is already theirs...

2 Comments:

Blogger ladyyvonne said...

Kayle...have you read any of John Bevere's books. I just thought of one of his books "The Bait of Satan". He tells a personal story in there about wanting to launch a huge youth deal and was shut down just before he launched. You might want to read that. Just keep trusting God on this one. It is so hard when you are passionate about something and others don't "get it" so it seems. It is SOOOO Frustrating! Blessings!

2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kayle it‘s dev. Even if they do have their heads up there asses, doesn't mean it's your job to tell them. You know as well as I do that the only thing that this generation is waiting for is for someone to tell them there is something worth living for. If we can show them that they do have purpose and a destiny they will come alive unlike anything we (or anyone) has ever seen. Say/do what God tells you to but this might not be your fight. If it is, them plunge through the line and wake a sleeping generation!!!

2:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter