This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

So Weird

Today I didn't do all that much. Got up. Watched some TV. Ate a large bowl of chili. And then decided to at least do one thing that was productive and went to purchase my beautiful new glasses.

This requires driving down to Whyte Ave, navigating the crazy streets, finding a parking spot and then going for a walk. All in all, it was uneventful, so that made me happy.

I got my new glasses. Well... I purchased them. Tomorrow I get to go and pick them up. Yay!! I have been wanting glasses for the longest time. Granted, I do wear them... just the ones I have are nowhere near strong enough and I think I got them in grade 10. It has been a while since then. A looong while.

I'll post a picture tomorrow when I get them so you can all see. And the greatest thing was the price. High index lenses and the frames all for $336 in total. That's crazy. Normally the high index lenses are that much, forget the frames!

I then strolled down Whyte a bit and nearly made an idiot of myself. I know, I know... that's not unusual, but I was by myself and that adds to the idiot factor. It's fine when you are with someone because you can have a good laugh... but... by yourself... not so good.

Whyte Ave has a lot of buskers. Some good. Some drunk. And some who play the bagpipes. I was walking down the street and noticed this kid who was probably 14 years old and his large bagpipes. Interesting. Until he cranked them up right when I was walking by and for some reason I thought it was the most hilarious thing I have heard in centuries.

I tried SO HARD not to burst out laughing. I had to do the whole look at the ground and bit the lip and think about anything but the current situation and I just walked fast. Didn't work all that well. A few good chuckles came out. I'm sure the rest of the crowd around me thought I was on drugs or something.

So funny... it wasn't at all what I expected. Hearing bagpipes start up are really, really funny.

Tonight I Peter's birthday bash. Should be interesting. We're going to some fancy Asian restaraunt on the south side and then to some lounge type thing for high class people after. I have no idea what to expect. But I do expect much, much blog worthy material to occur. Peter's friends are all psycho and I really think they live in a state of mind that they are always by themselves. Therefore they never think about what they do or say and general hilarity kicks in almost immediately.

Check in tomorrow. I'm sure it will be good. And I'll post a picture of my new spectacles.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kayle,
I realized I have never left a message on here and I thought that today would be the perfect day to do that. New glasses, a birthday party, chili, those make for a good day. The other day in school one of the guys that hasnt been there in forever showed up and was all ready to go. Than I told him we had a midterm and he freaked out, it was really funny. I tried not to laugh in his face but I couldnt help it. It was so funny, so thats whats sticking out in my head as I try and think about whats happening here. Sorry if I wrote too much, I am oblivious to blogging etiquette. Love you.

7:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...
Your tale of the bagpipe incident was the funniest thing I've heard so far today... Laughing really hard all by yourself is weird. I just did.
*chuckle*

12:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...so i'm waiting to hear about peter's birthday!!! come on already!

11:37 AM

 
Blogger Rissa said...

Would this be a very bad time to tell you that at Costco it's way cheaper?

High index (w/non-glare) = $165
Same - w/non-costco frames = $183

My brand new glasses cost me $262 total w/high-index.

I'm such a costco snob!!!

4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter