This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Database Anyone?

Wow...

I'm learning to be a techno-user and use it well. The only problem is it takes me around 20 times longer then the average person to figure out how to use such wonderful features that I can find on my computer.

Tonight I tackled the database. How does one set up a functional database so that at a press of a button I can send an e-mail out to hundreds of people at once or just keep people all organized in their respective regions? I knew it was in this computer box somewhere, and luckily I did find it.

So now after much frustration and sending out random e-mails with strange notation on them, I can officially send personally addressed e-mails or letters to hundreds of people at the press of one little button. It's so cool. Write one e-mail and the computer will automatically put in each person's name, or contact information, or basically anything I tell it to. No more mass e-mails and much easier to organize.

I'm quite proud of myself actually.

So proud, that I decided I deserved... Starbucks. Anything for a Starbucks. If I am breathing that is grounds for a Starbucks reward. I hopped in the mighty Mumby Mobile which I changed the oil again today, Andy... much less spillage this time, although both myself and my dad couldn't get the oil cap off to add more oil. So my dad walked to the shed and shouted in a strange accent, "Needs force application!" and came back with an axe and a wooden pole. Yes... that would work. Once again the Mumby's show that they are unique because really... how many people use an axe to change the oil? But we did get that oil cap off.

Wow... that sentence didn't go where it was intended. Let's try that again.

I hopped in the Mumby Mobile and drove off to Starbucks. Upon getting there Carissa was taking her break so we were able to talk for a little while, which was good. I had not seen Carissa I think since staff training at ENR!! Which is crazy. And Carissa get's awarded 25 Million Kayle Points because she got me a Mocha with her staff discount. Anyone who buys me Starbucks (or a Starbucks Card) can too get at the very least 25 Million Kayle Points. You can redeem them at many stores.

So we talked about her youth group and about getting me into speak at her youth group, which would be AWESOME because then I can add more people to my database and feel good about my new found technology skills. That's what this is all about, right?

Either that or changing a nation. Whichever you prefer.

Oh yes, and greetings to a Mr. Bob-e who left a comment on my last post all the way from Jonesboro, Arkansas!! We love Arkansasians around here. Mmmm... grits and deep fried ochra. Please tell me you have those and that I'm not about to look like an idiot. Mr. Bob I noticed that you like Don Potter on your profile... I got to play with him (music, not toys) a few times. SO AMAZING!!! I love the guy too.

There. That is my claim to fame moment for you all. Hahahaha... yeah right. My claim to fame is embarrassing moments. Of which I think I chronicled one of my most embarrassing moments that occured right in front of Don Potter here in the Wild World Of Kayle... although I can't remember where I wrote about it. Somewhere. How's that? It was when I was crying so hard in front of Don that we all started laughing... at me. Oh them's the good times.

Anyway... I am putting off writing a letter to send out across the province to then be sent by many people to the Provincial Government. Maybe I should get on that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter