This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Dream Come True

I want to share a little something with you. I'm reading through Mark right now and just writting the thoughts that come to my head and praying while I do that. It's very amazing. I read a paragraph and then write. You should try it. So here is a little bit that I wanted to share with everyone. I wrote this on the plane to Ottawa last week... it may not make much sense or flow properly... you kind of need to read my whole Mark Journal for that... but... you're getting it anyways...

Mark 1:9-11, "At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: 'You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.'"

What more is there in this story that we do not see? It appears to be a pretty big deal what John was doing and saying after all it says, "the whole Judean countryside and Jerusalem" (vs. 5) came out to see him.

One can assume that he didn't just tell one or two people about Jesus. Everyone knew. Everyone knew there was this next guy coming who even John wasn't worthy to untie His sandles. Everyone was told this baptism would be of the Spirit, that Jesus would bring. I wonder what was going through people's minds when it came to this.

Finally, Jesus shows up. We can assume that was a big deal. Obviously bigger then we think for this is seeminly a rare instance where God, the Creator, steps directly into His creation again to let us know a fairly important fact. I think HE didn't want anyone screwing it up, so HE stepped on the scene Himselft... "You are my Son, who I love; with you I am well pleased..."

I find it interesting to see that although God's voice spoke to the entire assembly it was actually directed at Jesus personally. God wasn't out to prove anything, nor was Jesus. Yet there was a personal confirmation of the years of obedience that still rings out publicly to this day.

Makes you wonder what living a life of obedience to the Father really can do.

Lord, I really want to obey your word and your plan for my life. Help me to do this. God, I truly do want to be exactly who you dreamed me to be when you thought up my life. I know you were not bored the day you made me, nor was I just the next one down the assembly line. I know your heart soared and your mind reached beyond the furthest vaults of the universe as you created the one called "me". Help me to live this, Father. I know I am your son. My greatest desire truly is that you would be well pleased. I want to be your dream come true.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

WOW, what lovely thoughts Kayle! To have my creator look at me and say well done my good and faithful servant would be amazing! I am humbled and yet uplifted by the fact that even though i am not at the obedience level that God desires me at- and i, myself desire to be at- that He still loves me anyway and calls me his own! How could you not want to try and follow in obedience when you have that kind of love! Its crasy... really it is! In this passage i find John as humble and obedient, he passes off his ministry to Jesus because he knew that He would do a better job and that he would take it! Also, John braggs about how awesome Jesus is say that he is not fit to even untie his sandals! John tells everyone he knows and without fear!-- My final point, God showed up... its always a gooder when God shows up! Be blessed!

12:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter