This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

You Would Never Believe This

Today was another interesting day to say the least. It involved church. Church is always interesting. Today very much so. Pastor Don taught the "Vineyard 5 Step Healing Model" which is something I have heard taught nearly 65,000 times in my lifetime. It was part of the teachings that Randy Clark always taught when I traveled with him. It was neat to see another person's interpretation of the 5 Steps, which are extremely basic, so there isn't much interpretation involved at all. Just different language.

Then, as a good Pastor should, Don lead us in practicing what was just preached. He took a big risk and opened it up for the entire church to just shout out words of knowledge for healing. I thought he was pretty clear on that point, but apparently everyone else wasn't. People came up with some pretty interesting things that they heard from the Lord, none of them having to do with healing. But 3rd times a charm and that third person finally gave a word for healing. Accurate, of course!

Don asked my parents and I to come forward and pray for this sick person. As I was walking up I decided to share the words that I had gotten as well. I had three words for healing that were all accurate and provided enough people for a good portion of our church to practice on. Yay God!

This went splendidly, so I am looking forward to hearing how these people's weeks went, because it wasn't something that they could test out right away.

Anyway, after church we went out to Tim Hortons for lunch. It is one of those big ones that connects with a Wendy's. I was trying to figure out what I wanted to eat for lunch, and finally decided that I wanted good food from Tim Hortons. That was my first mistake. I was pretty hungry so I went crazy and got the soup and sandwich deal. They made the sandwich wrong and the soup tasted like vomit. And I thought I was supposed to get a donut, but I was wrong and didn't get one of those either. Oh well.

So to cheer myself up I used my last $3 and purchased myself a frosty and some fries at the Wendy's counter. I always thought what I was about to do was normal, but apparently it is not. I think I will do a survey via the comments thing at the bottom of this entry to see how messed up I actually am. Just leave a comment and let me know if you eat your frosty with your fries and like it as much as I do. And I must make it clear - this is not eating a spoonful of frosty and then a few fries. It is using your fries as a spoon to eat the said frosty. Comments, everyone. This is the first highly interactive Kayle Land Blog Fest... Please don't tell me that I am as twisted as the rest of my family thought I was.

Although I am coming to the realization that what I think is normal is far from the norm of everyone else. For example, tonight I made myself my favorite sandwich and watched one of my favorite bands in concert on the TV. That may not seem that unusual, but halfway through everything I stopped and had a sudden realization that maybe eating a tuna + olive + cheese slice sandwich while honestly enjoying an ABBA concert on TV is really kind of weird.

Suddenly I am at a loss for words. I think it would be better to just end this entry before I disclose anymore information that should just remain personal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Fries and a frosty! I have been eating those two things together since highschool. It is glorious! Your next step is the peanut butter and pickle sandwich.

9:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love eating a frosty and fries....its the best. and the only way to do it, is using the fries as a spoon for the frosty, the sandwich you made sounds yummy and now I am gonna try it.....I love olives!

11:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter