This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Better Than I Imagined!

I have to update again today. If you are reading this and have not read my previous post, go and do so now. Then come back to this one.

Tonight at the Flood Coffee Shop was far superior then I could have ever imagined. Events that even I could not have come up with occurred right in front of my eyes. It was possibly the best and most awkward moment I have ever witnessed.

First of all, I grabbed prime people watching seats for Kandyce and I. We sat there and allowed people to come and sit with us. We kind of had a revolving population around us and it shifted a few times. Although the best was having.... um... let's call her Susan sit beside us. Susan is fun and both of our friends. She also wanted to watch the social mayhem happen.

Enter a guy we shall call Bob. Bob is a good friend of mine and he sits down beside me, across the table from Susan.

Eventually Susan walks away to grab some food or something and Bob leans over to me and whispers in my ear, "Dude, I was set up to go on a blind date with Susan last Saturday but I backed out of it at the last minute! I don't think she knows who I am, though, but this is really awkward!!"

Susan comes back to the table, just when Bob gets up to grab some food. They just miss each other. Susan this time leans over to Kandyce and says, "Oh my goodness, I was supposed to go on this blind date with Bob last Saturday but it didn't work out. But I don't think Bob knows who I am though, but this is really awkward!!"

Bob comes back to the table and they both pretend like everything is cool. Kayle and Kandyce have the only full story that sadly they each know perfectly well who each other is, just they don't know that the other person knows it. Follow me?

It was everything we could do from now bringing it up and creating an even more awkward moment. Ooooooo.... that would have been so grand. Alas, we held back... especially in our laughter.

Eventually Bob made a very early exit and went home. I think the pressure was too great for him.

Now we must think about these people's mutual friends. They must have a sick sense of humor for Susan is a full 4 years older then Bob, who just turned 18. Not right. Plus the only thing that they really have in common is Jesus. I think they might need a few more things then that. Oh such fun.

Never in my life would I have thought I would have been in such a situation. That was beyond gold. The Flood has brought me so many great things. Tonight was definitely another highlight.

After the official event I went out to Earl's with the usual group that goes. This also adds to the high levels of drama because the people I hang out with are the "high profile" folks that I referred to in the last entry. Mainly Mark and his brother. There are some really young girls who really are madly in love with these guys, so much so that it rivals many teenage Hollywood movies that make most people with brains gag and dry heave.

I have a certain way of dealing with advances of highly young and lusty people. Generally it is shutting them right down and more often then not they get offended. But I don't mind because I don't want to be a party to anything sick like that, nor will I encourage it or even make them think for one second that being anything buy a righteous, Holy, pure woman of God is right.

Lo and behold, when we get to Earl's guess who is waiting? Yep. The crew of underage females. I nearly laughed in their face, but was somehow able to refrain. They swarmed Mark, and thankfully remained afraid of both Kandyce and I, so we got to sit at the far end of the table with a really cool girl named Brittany and Tyler. Mark was somehow able to free himself from the horrors going on at the other end of the table and moved over to us. He sat down beside me and just said, "Ahhh... the of age side of the table."

From then on it was pretty good and went back to our traditional time of hanging out at Earl's after The Flood.

All in all, these were the two most highly superficial updates I have ever accomplished, but I thought you would enjoy them. I suppose if you are ever questioning which is more fulfilling - your social status or the presence of God - just come back to this entry and remember that it is definitely the presence of God. The other is obviously one massive and painful gong-show that will get you nowhere fast.

Except, of course, onto the pages of this e-diary.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i just became one of those girls in love with mark. how come you weren't friends with him the last time i was up for a visit. and could you book them as the worship band when you bring me up to paint!
love ya even though you are a traitor!

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter