This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Interesting Night I foresee

Tonight is The Flood. Tonight is also Valentines. Tonight is also a "coffee house" set up for The Flood for a more relaxed and "fellowshipy" evening. I am looking forward to some of the most incredible people watching of my life for the recipe that they have made for themselves.

The Flood has many very unique dynamics, which generally have me laughing hysterically. I have cut out my own little group of friends that I talk to and have kept it that way. I do not want to rule the place socially, although there are others who are running for that position with everything they have.

The best dynamic that I have found is the young girls hunting after the high profile guys in this group. They are like a pack of pirannah's who circle their prey and launch seemingly highly calculated attacks at random moments.

Luckily I have not fallen prey to these, although there are rumors and rumblings that they are out there. I have the advantage of being the "outside" guy to this community and everyone is either afraid of me or very intimidated and they keep their distance for the most part. Some have crossed the great divide as of late, but thank the good Lord, they are usually the ones with normal brains inside their heads who just want to talk about God.

So tonight we have the mix of a relaxed evening of "fellowship". I would translate this to a highly charged evening of young girls prowling with all their social might to get noticed by hot guys completely out of their league (mainly because of the gaping age difference). Add to this mix an air of spirituality and then you get the mix of hysterical and heretical as people worship to get noticed. Is it actually possible to worship in style? Ummm... Highly rhetorical question with an answer being either a loud no or a slap in the face for even asking that question in the first place.

Now add to the mix Kayle and Kandyce. Sworn brother and sister in the Lord. Sworn protector of certain younger males who from time to time fall prey to the Pirannahs. Both ones who have very clear and very strong opinions on Christians and morality. Both very outspoken at The Flood. Both greatly looking forward to this evening.

Insert wicked laughter here.

The next update should prove to be grand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter