This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Friday, February 11, 2005

What a Night...

Wow.

Wow is all I can say about tonight. I just got home from a prayer meeting for Watchmen for the Nations and once again it was off the charts. David Demian was even there. He needing some prayer and pouring into, so he got on a plane this afternoon to be with us. How crazy is that? The best part is that meeting ran and truly the Holy Spirit lead every single moment of it.

I am always so astounded in these meetings because for as long as I can remember I have cried out to the Lord that I would be able to experience revival in ways that I have only read in history books so far. I have always dreamt of what it would have been like to be in a house meeting in the great Welsh Revival or experience a moment of the Cain Ridge Revival or the Great Awakening of the 1700's.

Now I can say with no doubt or exaggeration that I know what those meetings were like. Why? Because we get to live them. Our nation is in the throws of one of the most powerful revivals this world has yet to see. Granted, places like Mongolia, China and Fiji are going strong, but still... Canada is next.

I could write for years about it, but truly it is difficult to get unless you ask the Holy Spirit to show you. You can also read a lot on Aaron's diary which has much great stories of this.

The best way to describe it is there really is no leader other then the Holy Spirit and nobody can deny or argue that. His presence is so strong. If someone feels they need to share, they share. If someone has a song, they sing it. If someone needs to pray, they pray. And it's not some orchestrated boring prayer service. This is full of fire, of the undeniable, felt presence and Glory of God! Angels are there, not just in imagination, but we are experiencing their presence, our hearts are burning within us and this is what is sweeping and will continue to sweep our nation.

What an honor and privilege to live in such a nation in such a time as this.

I wrote a bunch of notes tonight, so I will share some with you. First is something I heard the Lord say to me during our wild worship time. I was on my face, before the Lord and I heard this. Don't just read it like it is for me, it's just as much for you, too.

Welcome to who you really are
You're not a product
You're not a thing
You're a son
You're a child
You cannot be packaged
You cannot be contained
You are free
You are free to dance
You are free to jump
You are free to be
To be a friend
To be a lover
To be in love
So go have fun
Live a little
Live a lot
Rejoice in the freedom that you've found
Relax
Don't let your mind get clouded
Just follow
And believe
You're good

So now here are tid-bits of what other people heard. It may seem disjointed, but these are just snapshots.

- Joel 3:9 - "Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare for war! Rouse the warriors! Let all the fighting men draw near and attack."

- The word "fighting" in that passage is taken from the Hebrew word "gibbor". One of God's name's is "El Gibbor" or "The Mighty One". God is raising up the mighty ones. There is a standard being released across this nation of God's character for all to see. A major part of this is God being seen as El Gibbor.

- John 3:34 - "For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit."

- That is a scripture for you and for me. Take note of "without limit" and meditate on that for a while.

- All of Psalm 144

- For the youth and young adults, "It's time to come out of the caves. It's time to live!"

- You open the door to the enemy in the name of emotional honesty.

- You justify your lack of self discipline in the name of being real.

- We've forgotten our main weapon and that is to release ourselves to the Spirit of God.

- We're no longer the ones running in fear, we're the ones causing fear in the enemy's camp.

- The Chinese word for "busy" is "a dead heart"

I have never had hope for a nation as I have now. I have never felt so close to seeing a breakout of national revival as I do now. I have never had such conviction that God is going to sweep our land as I do now. I can say this because it is already happening. God is moving in our nation. God is moving in power and might from sea to sea to sea. We've seen transformation in many cities around the world and now nations. Canada is next.

What a time we live in.

The best part? It's not that we are in revival. It's that the Presence of God is so close, so strong and so sweet. During worship I could have just laid there forever. We are not working towards a move of God, as they say, but for our nation to be a habitation for the Glory of God.

Hallelujah, Jesus. We posture ourselves for Your coming....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter