This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Lazy Day and a Starbucks

I love how the vast majority of my past entries (on my other diary, mind you) have been having to do with Starbucks. Once again, this will be the case.

I laid around most of the day yesterday between reading a neat history book and sleeping. I had to get my energy up for the last and final episode of the Amazing Race! And since Kris and John didn't win, I'm not all that happy. But as usual, they smiled and were happy, so I think they won all the same.

Anyway, around 8:00ish Dave called me up to see if I wanted to grab some coffee. A friend of mine, Mike, from Medicine Hat is in town for a few months, so we all hung out. It was so funny. Dave and Mike went on a DTS in Australia last year, so they have some good stories and one of my favorite things is watching Dave interact with people. He's one of those people that everything is funny about him, but I'm not sure if he tries to be funny or not.

For example. He was ordering his coffee and didn't really know what to get. He got a Caramel Macchiato (pronounced it horribly wrong) and then didn't know what size to get. So Mike starts saying, "Venti, Venti, Venti" over and over and out of Dave's mouth comes a Venti.

Dave didn't know how big that was. Dave also wanted to get to bed early. A half liter of coffee, caramel, whipped cream and sugar doesn't aid in the early sleeping goal. I will have to check in today to see if he actually got any sleep last night or not.

Anyway, I can't really remember where exactly I was going with all of this, so I think I am just going to stop the story now. Today is Wednesday and Wednesday nights are good. It's our Kinship night and it will be good to be with them. Aaron is teaching and I am getting carried away with these link things. Three in one entry! Gasp!!

SHOCKING SIDE NOTE!!! I just spell checked this entry and the spell checker didn't know "Starbucks"!!! I almost had a life crisis there. Dear sweet Starbucks, how can anyone not know your name?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter