This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Monday, October 17, 2005

There's Nothing Like Life With God!!

Wow...

The prophetic conference this last weekend was incredible. I don't even know where to begin, so I probably won't. But what I will tell you about is the remarkable God stuff going on with my upcoming trip into Parliment.

The response from everyone I tell has been huge. And it usually is instant prayer -- and not just the prayer that we just toss up because we are supposed to. This has been sustained, passionate prayer! I shared a little bit at church and nearly half the church ended up coming up to the front and praying for me and for the team going into our government leader's offices. Wild.

Plus my little bit I am supposed to research is starting to fall into place. I still find the subject matter very broad and hard to pin point, but with the help of God that is coming together. As you may already know, my subject to get all studied up on is suicide and the death culture in Canada. Why is it the way it is?

A freaky statistic is that amoung the 1st Nation's women of Canada, the suicide rate in that demographic is amoung the highest in the world. Then going for the euthinasia thing, there is currently a government bill being tabled to make it legal for doctor assisted suicide, only without any needed consultaion. So that basically means if I wanted to go kill myself tomorrow I would legally be able to do so by going to a doctor who would offer that "service" and it would be no questions asked. How sick is that?

Anyway, like I said, God is really helping on that research front too. I have three friends all in the final years of university -- two majoring in Aboriginal Studies and Social Services so they have a huge host of information. The third friend is graduating from Law School and just wrote a term paper on issues surrounding suicide. So there are some huge resources.

Then today I was having coffee with Aaron and Bobbie and it turns out that Aaron knows one of the most respected opponents/activits against the death culture and doctor assisted suicide. This man agressively lobbies the gov't and is an international speaker on the subject. So hopefully I will be able to get a meeting with him this week and I'm sure I'd get a whole load of information from him.

Interestingly enough he is a strong Christian and he also suffers from MS -- which is one of those diseases that has gained national media coverage because of people wanting doctor assisted suicide, rather then dying from MS. So for this stuff to come from this man seriously gains credibility and authority to the listeners of what he has to say.

So I have to cram this week before hopping in a plane on Saturday and heading off to Canada's capitol to see what adventures the Lord would have for us there as we speak the word of the Lord directly to our government leaders!

And to make things even more fun I got some HEAVY prophetuc words for what the Lord is going to do for me there. But I'll let you know about that when I come back home.

And with that, I will now crawl into bed... for once again I am feeling that it will be a place where I will not be spending much time in during these next few weeks of forever changing the history of a nation.

If 12 men could change the entire world, why can't a team of 12 young leaders not be able to change Canada?

We're going for the big time. As it is written into our Constitution and even carved into the stone of our Parliment Building, "He shall have dominion from Sea to Sea..."

1 Comments:

Blogger priscilla said...

So are you just copying your blog to my space or the other way around? Just don't leave me on blogging! I really like blogging! MAke me feel secure about this! myspace is addicting huh? love ya

10:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter