This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Here's A Little Secret

I have a secret. That I am not going to post on the internet so untold billions can come and read it. I kind of like my secret and I think you should all take it on to be your secret too. It may take a while to unpack, so join me on this crazy ride.

First of all, I am going to share with you what I wrote in my journal tonight at this prayer thing I go to. Kind of a collection of thoughts that suddenly came crashing into my heart and mind. What began this train of thought was the group deciding to pray through the veil. A common prayer that many people pray... including me... until tonight...

Here is what I wrote:
-------------------------

The veil has been torn
The chains have been broken
Rend your hearts instead of outer things
What more must Jesus do?
Weep and cry out because you do not yet realize the fullness of what Jesus did
Though we see through a glass but dimly....
Don't give birth to wind
The veil has been torn
The chains have been broken
Begin to run. Run. Run.
What did Jesus do to the tree that was vibrantly alive, yet bore no fruit?
Don't cry out for what's been done
Cry out for you do not yet understand
Not for what you don't understand
Because you don't understand the free gift that has already been given
The veil has already been torn
The chains were broken long ago
Forget those lies

All our great knowledge on things of the spirit have still left us the backsliders of the world. I will be satisfied with a type and a shadow no longer.
----------------------------

Aaron and I had an amazing talk on the drive home. I wish you could have been there. You probably would have liked it a lot. Then I got into my truck to drive the 2 minutes home and it happened again. My little secret.

I am constantly on the lookout to find songs to fit into the musical in my head which illustrates the incredible love relationship that Jesus has with you and me. More often me. But you are lumped into that too.

I heard this song and it rocked my world. I went and found the video on the guy's website and it's even more incredible. You got to go there and give it a listen and digest the image. But I must explain the song and what it means to me.

This song is written about a girl. When you listen to this song think of the girl as the Bride of Christ. Think of this song written before Jesus came to earth. This of this song as what was going through His mind before we were reconciled to Him. When you watch the video think of the only option He had. To give up everything. To strip himself bare. To lay down His signet ring and give up His place in heaven and do the only possible thing He could think of in order to finally be with this girl -- this bride that stole His heart. It's true. He would never be with His bride... unless the took drastic measure and jumped that great devide into the world of man.

Go and watch the "You're Beautiful" music video. I pray it will rock your world as it did mine. And remember... the veil's already been torn. Rend your heart instead of outer things for we do not yet understand what that means. I want full understanding. I MUST have full understanding. I can't take it anymore... I must know.

Watch the video.............................

1 Comments:

Blogger priscilla said...

Hey I tried to watch the video but couldn't and you need to update my link! Im not at diaryland I have converted to be one of you! Im also on myspace! I found you! It is kinda cool!

7:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter