This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's Minus 50 Million

It is so freaking cold out today. The worst part is we have been plunged into the cold. Normally up here where I'm from in Canada it will get progressively colder and you can kind of get used to it. But this winter has been bipolar at best. It doesn't know what to do or how to feel. We go through a few days of wretched cold and then back up to glorious warmth. Then we'll hover around freezing or just above for a while. Our bodies just don't know what to do.

Well... the weather took a serious dive today. When I woke up it was negative 27!! For all you American's that works out to FREAKING COLD!!!

We've not been able to slowly get used to the idea of it being freezing so this is somewhat shocking at best. Mom and dad have their trip to Pheonix planned out at the perfect time. It will be a season of character testing for me. I say the hotel resort thing they are staying at and if I get through this weekend without thinking evil, bitter thoughts I have decided I will be a much, much better person. They can sit by the pool, hear the crickets, get hot rock massages all they want. My character will be profoundly improved.

I think I'm going to crawl into bed now and slip into delightful escape through sleep. Warm sleep. To think... I was going to buy an electric blanket this year to help me through the winter. I didn't need to. Until tonight.

Okay... I am officially stepping off the track of sticking to any sort of structure in this entry and I have to start talking about electric blankets. As amazing as they are, doesn't the idea of an electric blanket kind of creep you out? Your wrapping your body in something that it plugged into the wall and then sleeping as currents of electricity zap around your body. That just doesn't compute somewhere up in the rational area of my mind.

Luckily that area of my brain is very, very small so I'll go and get one tomorrow and sleep blissfully.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kayle, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but there is a reason the weather is unstable......

the world is ending.

12:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter