This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

An Interesting Outlook

Hello All!

I have had an interesting day thus far. I woke up far too early and had to drive the rental back to the rent-place. I got a sweet car this time. A nice little Mazda 3 that zipped about. Although, most of the zipping was on a sheet of ice we like to refer to as "Highway 2" here in Alberta.

Sweet, Lordy Moses, I thought I was going to die on many occasions while I was driving down to Medicine Hat this past Friday. But since I managed to find a few brains cells left in my brain I kept the car on the road. It could have been because I was going about 50km/h which is a full 70km/h slower then usual on that highway. Other travelers did not have such forsite. Although, they did have good hindsight as their cars spun across the lanes of traffic and ditched amazingly far into the snowbanks.

The Good Lord was with me and I made it to my destination unscathed. A little stressed, but unscathed nonetheless.

Upon arrival in Medicine Hat, I headed off to Grandma's house and we hung out for a while. It was great. She is always fun and I have decided that she must have been my mentor in all things sarcastic. When I arrived she had a couple from her church visiting her. I thought it was nice and we chatted for a while, but as was expected, they accelerated their leaving time and left Grandma and I alone. The moment they walked out the door, Grandma pounded me on the back and said, "Thank God you're here, boy! You came at the perfect time. I was getting sick of them!"

Oh Grandma. She loves Jesus. She loves her Bible. She loves to worship and sing. She even loves Christian TV. She is just working on loving the rest of the Christians she knows.

Anyway, we made soup and the traditional Tuna Buns that have become synonymous with the Mumby name and watched the news for a while. Then I had to leave to get to Eagle's Nest and my beloved YWAM friends.

The whole crew came back from their outreach to the Philippines and it was so awesome to see them all again. Mind you, I think I was hallucinating. The night before I stayed up until 3:00am. When the YWAMers came home I stayed up until about 2:30am. The last night I can't even remember how late I stayed up, but it was worth it with a grand talk with Amanda and Nathan.

Then on Monday I had a meeting with interesting results. The fruits of this meeting shall be highly interesting for me. I feel like I have a completely fresh slate and a wide open canvas to paint on. The paint brush shall be me and the paint shall be my good friend, Jesus. He also happens to be my Savior, by the way. I kind of like that.

Something I had been really thinking about and crying out to God was a shocking feeling that I discovered recently in my heart. Rather, it was a lack of feeling. What lack, you ask? Adventure. I think I had lost my sense of adventure.

God did some radical stuff this weekend and has done quite a nice job at returning that sense back to me. I am very happy about this and quite frankly, I'm excited to see what happens.

I suppose we shall see. In a couple short weeks I am off to Toronto for about 18 days. There is no schedule for these days at all. No expectations or anything. I like that.

I think I'll end this massive post now.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter