This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Day Approaches

Did I spell approach right? Approche? No.. no... that's not it. Whatever.

The day which is coming closer is actually the day when I get a cell phone type of thing. I vowed never to have on, but neccessity is causing that vow to break. I suppose this is a good thing in many ways as well. This isa sign that things are busier and the need is greater.

But this always brings me to a place where I wrestle and fight. It is a place called finances. I hate having to wrestle with this, but its a battle I need to win. I'm getting a strangle hold on it though. I've gritted my teeth and done some things the Lord was asking to do with crazy results. Strange how His blessing follows when you just obey Him.

But when one's monthly support is less then what most people make in a week this adds to the "wrestle-mania" that goes on in my mind. It also adds to the excitement. Why does it add to the excitement? Mainly because when you watch what happens and how it happens one can only say that this is God.

I mean really... I'm going to be on the road for 34 days in a few weeks making a giant loop around North America. And somehow it is all paid for. I don't know how, but the finances are there for it. So off I go meeting with people and churches and leaders... oh yeah... and the federal government of Canada bringing the power of the Gospel and the transformative reality of the Kingdom of God.

Anyway, I laugh at myself because I have faith for things like this. But when it comes to a freaking cell phone my panic buttons start to go off and I wonder if paying the monthly bill will cause everything to collapse in on itself and that there won't be enough. How strange is that? I can travel the world, but I can't pay a cell phone bill.

I was on the phone with a friend who lives in Montreal and we were talking about this financial stuff. You have to meet this guy. I laughed because I was saying some stuff and he cut me off and said, "You know, Kayle what you are saying is basically a poverty mentality which is a demonic mindset."

Oh.

So I continue to pray, continue to push, continue to wrestle and watch as God moves things forward. This last year has been an incredible year of breakthrough and I expect it to just keep going. Because God is like that. Always increase.

That's my story for today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carissa said...

Oh Kayle. I needed to hear that story. Because over the last couple days money (or a lack of it rather) is making my panic buttons go off. And I've had two jobs now fall through and it's scaring me into believing that maybe I heard God wrong, y'know? Ohhh... So your little story has built my faith and re-made me aware of the bigger picture. And even though I don't know what to do... I will still hold on.

12:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 Peter 2:6 "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter