This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wedding Bells Are Ringing

Yes, that's right. The wedding bells are ringing. And contrary to popular belief and even greater desire from everyong around me they are not for me. Hmmm... that kind of came out wrong. Everyone doesn't want to marry me, but many people want to see me get married off. I ignore them because stuff like that infuriates me.

The bells are ringing for Ryan and Danielle, and they will be ringing down in Red Deer. Which means I'm going to Red Deer tomorrow! Yay! I love it down there. My day will be rather busy with a meeting at 11:30 in the morning, straight into another meeting at 1:00 in the afternoon and by 3:00 I should be on the road to arrive in Red Deer around 4:30 and then by 5:00 or something like that I get to take in the rehersal dinner of said wedding. I forsee myself sleeping well. I also forsee myself sleeping short. Because I'll have to maximize my time at the Red Deer town of glory.

I happily discovered the existance of an extra week this month. I'm scheduled to be over in Saskatoon for a conference on the 24th-27th and for some reason I thought that was the next weekend after this one. But mom pointed out to me this week that there is, in fact, an entire week that I have overlooked, so that makes me happy. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to the lake because I have been wanting to go there so badly for the last three weekends, but have not been able to make it out.

Ever wonder what it would be like if you had a lot more faith then you do now. I'm not saying that you have little faith, or that I have little faith... I'm just saying... wouldn't it be cool to suddenly have tons more faith. I often wonder if more faith simply means that you have less fear, or at least you respond to fear a lot less. Maybe its a mix of both.

This is something I would like to see grow in my life and in the life of those around me. Faith. More faith. Lots more faith. And a lot less fear. I keep thinking about the massiveness of the world that we do not always see, think about or pay attention to yet it is the world that basically governs the entire running of the one we live in. Yes... the spirit world.

It is so real. But we often give it no notice. Even the fact that there is basically an entire section of creation that is working with us for the same purpose as to which we've been placed on planet earth. And they got crazy different powers and abilities then what we have. Of course, these are the angels. They're real. They do stuff. I want to learn how to work with them. We're going for the same goal. They do things I can't. So let's work together.

That would be fun. That is fun, actually. Believe me...

What I would also like is to read my Bible a whole lot more. Not just read it because we're supposed to read it. But read it and get so much more out of it. Feast on it. It's the word of God.

I've been feeling a really strong urge for knowledge these days and I've been reading like a mad-man. Like five books in the last two weeks. And the thirst is still there. I want that thirst for the Bible too. Just being honest.

Still, a good quote for you from a book I'm currently reading is this: "Do not stand still and complain, but go forward - mere fault finders accomplish little." That's from a Tuskegee Chapel Flyer from 1899 and if you don't know about Tuskegee I suggest you become familiar with it, and more so with a man by the name of Booker T. Washington who is an astounding person and one worth learning about. May I recommend to you a book called, "Unshakable Faith" by John Perry?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good blog. read the message i sent you about it. i want more faith too by the way.

12:21 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Great blog! I love the word but somtimes, as a student, it is really hard to have an undieing passion for it when you read so much already! As an aside i remember asking you about the 3rd heaven last summer and i forgot to tell you where the reference was... its 2 Corinthians 12.... my friend had this AMAZING quote... he didn't know who it was by because it was just on the board one day but here it is... i love! "Faith, hope and love are not emotions which swell and ebb like the tides. Instead these are reflections of the will - manifestations of our choices to believe, to submit and to practice and reflect the conscience and character of Christ in our lives." !!! Be blessed!

1:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter