This is my life. It can be odd. But I like it.

Monday, September 05, 2005

New Levels

Yes. New levels. Of insanity. This weekend's tour to the cabin was something near a torture test. Although I do have a theory about this. I suffer from this thing I have named "Lifestyle Whiplash".

What is said Lifestyle Whiplash, or LW for short? It is this: travel for two weeks at a time across the nations, meeting with people, seeing amazing things, having wild times with God, constantly changing scenes and all that and then shifting instantly to the cabin. No phone, no TV, no stereo, no running water, no people, no buildings, no stores, no nothing. Quite a shift. In this case I had been going crazy busy for the past month and a half. Then kick it into cabin mode and your psychological world undergoes significant stresses as you jam the gears into the forced slot.

But never fear, I'm about to do it again! I pick up Andy tonight at the airport (insert insane happy sounds and actions here). We hang out for the week and then off we go. Probably to Red Deer for the weekend to see Bryan and the family. Then monday we hike over to ENR for a few more days. Then to Taber for a couple more. Then to Montana to drop Andy off and I'll probably stay there a day or two. Then back to Taber for two days. Then back to ENR to do a week of teaching at the YWAM base. Then immediately over to Fairmont for the big 80th birthday bash of my grandmother. Then I get to head back to home after that. Now... let's guess when that will be? Guesses? Guesses?

October 3rd.

WHAT THE HECK?? OCTOBER FREAKING 3RD?? That means I'll be home for a grand total of something like 8 days. Hmmm...

Am I complaining? No. This means that I will be able to study this new phenominon more closely. Lifestyle Whiplash. I'll be writing a paper soon. More study is needed.

Anyway, I'm off to Boston Pizza with Aaron and Bobbie because we don't really want to put any effort into making dinner. Of this, I am glad, because my options were Kraft Dinner and... Kraft Dinner. Although it is monday and that has been the traditional Kraft Dinner day for two years while Jodi and I conducted "Study American Culture via Watching the Cops TV Show For Hours at a Time" day. Those were the good days.

Maybe I'll tell you about those days. They ended with a bang. Jodi, if you are reading this - cheers to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter